Thursday, September 10, 2026

A Government Hand-Out in the Form of a Bribe?

I keep trying to wrap my mind around President Trump's bribe/offer to pay adult Americans $5,000 each if we vote to keep Republican majorities in the House and the Senate.

Never heard anything like it. Can’t process it. (“Nothing like it in all of human history.”)

Frankly, it’s not offering us much to help assure that he can continue to rule at will. $5,000 ain’t chicken feed, but it’s not nearly enough to convince me I should give up on our Constitution. Is it enough to convince you?

Has he made it clear that he will pay people who vote Democratic as well as those who vote Republican? (He’ll probably know who voted how if he gets his way with our elections.)

Whatever, it’s nothing but a government hand-out, if you ask me.

Seriously, how gullible does he think the American electorate is? We will never fall for that kind of thing (or will we?).

I’m so confused.

No comments:

Post a Comment