Monday, August 15, 2011

Welcome!

 Welcome!

"Welcome" in this case goes in more than one direction: I welcome you, and I welcome the new experience of writing/managing a blog, and I invite you to welcome me. Since I have no idea who might read this, and you may well have no idea who I am, and since I've never done this before, we all have something to learn together. So, welcome to all of it/all of you.

What is this blog about, and what is it for? We will have to see. I've been writing some stuff I do not know what to do with ("with which I do now know what to do"?). Editors and other gate-keepers of the print media thoroughly frustrate a guy who has been used to making his own decisions about what to say when and to whom. So I will try this for a time, and if you will try it with me we will see what comes of it.

My blog's title is pretentious, to say the least. I kept trying something simpler and more human, but my imagination ran out in the face of all that were already taken. So I plugged in "Coeli et Terra" and it was available. Wonder of wonders! It's Latin for "heaven/sky and earth." Say it all together: "That's really pretentious!" All it means here is that I will post whatever comes to mind about whatever interests me at the moment. But I am not smart enough to cover the whole known and unknown universe. Maybe you are. Let's do it together. Now I wonder what will happen when I hit "publish post..."

Welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment