Saturday, January 12, 2013

Call and No Response


Determined to be a “more engaged” citizen, two days after the election I sent an email about a couple of concerns to President Obama, and copied it to Ohio’s Senator Brown and our district’s Representative Fudge, hoping they might help him.
In a few days, “Sen. Brown” replied with a note that clearly misunderstood what I wrote about, and “Rep. Fudge” sent me a stock reply about how hard she is working for me, etc. “Pres. Obama” finally sent me an automated reply after Christmas, also letting me know how hard he is working for me, and offering links to help me understand what he hopes to accomplish in his second term.
I know nothing at all about their take on the concerns I expressed.
Are Republican office holders better than Democrats at answering constituent's letters?

No comments:

Post a Comment