Thursday, March 7, 2013

A Comment on "Comments"

If you read my blog you have perhaps noticed that there may be no way for you to comment on it. I think it used to be easy to do, a box for comments prominently displayed at the end of each post.

Recently I was able to post a test comment by signing into my Google account, but I don't know where that leaves the few who have not yet fallen into Google's clutches. I have tried to implement the online directions on how to open it up to ordinary citizens, but to no avail. Of course, I can't call a human being and ask about it.

Fortunately, a Facebook friend responded to my cry for help, and I now have information on what to do to fix the problem. I know you are eagerly waiting to shoot down my always insightful commentaries, so I will try what she suggested in the next day or two. Meantime, if you can comment on this post, do so...and tell me how you did it on what kind of computer/smart phone/tablet, etc.

Thanks!

2 comments:

  1. Eureka, I found it! If you go directly to my blog you have to click on the title of the particular blog you want to comment on to open the comment box. If you go to a particular blog from a Facebook post, you can comment there. I am going to post this comment and solve my own problem.
    Stating a problem is half-way to resolving it...I hope. Let me see if this works...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OK, I'll try this as a test. I did not agree to Google's privacy policy. EH

      Delete