Friday, January 20, 2017

In case you are wondering...

...I watched the inauguration ceremony of Donald J. Trump as the 45th President of the United States.  The whole thing. I didn't turn it off, and my heart didn't die. It was stabbed through several times, but it didn't die. Must be my pacemaker.

Much of it I did not like, and much of it offended me in its cutting denial of any patriotism short of DJT's version of "America First."  I have to wonder if the USA has any friends (other than, perhaps, Russia) left on earth after that speech. Doesn't seem that we want any, or think we need any.

I had prepared for today. Had joined the ACLU for the first time in my life, had upped our gift to the Sierra Club, and had joined the Cuyahoga Valley National Park Conservancy. Will be in downtown Cleveland tomorrow with my wife (if I can find her,  for we are going at different times), to march for the rights and rightful place of women in our country.

How could I not be there? My granddaughters need me to be there.

No comments:

Post a Comment