Friday, May 8, 2020

A recommendation and a couple of my FB policies (fyi)

Heather Cox Richardson’s “Letters from an American” blog is worth checking out if you are looking for a clear, documented, and largely dispassionate analysis of the current president and his regime by a scholar who is deeply troubled by what’s going on in America. I recently began following it, and recommend it to you.

If, on the other hand, you are happy with the ongoing and growing assault on the fundamentals of our republic, you might not like to read her blog. It just might change your mind.

By the way, I work hard to resist any urge to share the many Facebook entries about politics that I get from friends and which which I agree. I try to limit my response to an occasional “like.” While I appreciate my friends' concerns, I know I get more of that sort of thing than I have time to read, even while sheltering-in-place.

Further, for the record and just so you will know, I never, ever “share” or “copy and post as my own” any Facebook post that bets only a few will post it, as in “only a few will say they love Jesus, hate cancer, have wonderful grandchildren, etc.”, even though I love Jesus, hate cancer, and have the most wonderful grandchildren in this whole, wide world.

No comments:

Post a Comment