Thursday, July 4, 2013

Quick Notes from a Road Trip East: Tuesday, June 25


Get this: the house Maria showed us first thing Tuesday morning may be the right one for Jonathan, Liz, Robin and Keira. Better than the other houses we were prepared to visit in Oneonta. Life is in its living, so just go for it.

Beautiful drive home, but longer than we'd expected, in part because we got turned around in Binghamton when I-86 east seemed not to be there as the map showed it would be. Didn't know until we were a number of miles down SR 17 and saw a sign that it is the future I-86. Apparently lack of funding interrupts designating the portion of the road between Binghamton and Elmira as an Interstate highway. I guess the locals all know that, but am not sure why they don't make it clear to passers-through. Maybe they believe life is in its living, so why should I not live a few moments of it in beautiful Binghamton?

New York State's highways and attendant facilities leave a lot to be desired compared to Ohio's, in my humble opinion. But maybe my opinion will change after more trips to and from Oneonta. I expect we will make a lot of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment